Tuesday 30 June 2015

Day 298.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: one-thirty-twoth full.

The sun is shining; let’s move on from portraits, good or bad.

On examination there is really no one ‘better’ comb style over another I reckon, though I’m no world authority as I said yesterday. Ella did say that sometimes the rose combs can fill up with dirt and smell a bit cheesy. Frankly, I think I’ll stick with plain old single combs.

And I’m over the portrait now. I don’t have to have it hanging in the chicken house as a constant reminder of the duplicity of artists, so I can just forget about it and move on with my life. As I said, my gift to society will be my prodigious poultry poetry and prose, not my ability to sit still for a pointless painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment