Wednesday 1 July 2015

Day 299. Mid Winter.

Major. Photography by F L Campbell

Bush eggs: none. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full. Delightful daydreams about sexy new roosters: six.

Jack has totally settled down about the Boys and their new role as stud roosters; he isn’t so jealous now. But it got me thinking it might be time for some new, unrelated rooster blood around HERE. I really miss Major; he was by far the best thing ever to come out of the boot of The Female Person’s car. I obviously can’t have it both ways though: either my son stays and I have no soul mate or my son goes and a new rooster takes his place. If I could choose the replacement rooster it might be a tougher decision, but I don’t get to choose and the new rooster might be duck-dumb and nasty as well. So we stick with Jack. A hen can dream though, can’t she?


No comments:

Post a Comment