Wednesday 3 June 2015

Day 271.

Bush eggs: two. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: three-quarters full. Unimpressed performers: one.

Lovely day for an outdoor performance but so much for my loving flock…

I organised a comedy performance and poetry reading for Jack and the girls today, sat them all in a natural amphitheater under the pines and then started my performance with my slater poems. By the end of the second one Brian and Steve had ducked off to lay eggs, Jack was dozing and Ella was checking her egg hole for LICE! I wouldn’t have been so offended if I’d been reading some great long chicken epic (like Rooster Of The Rings or War And Eggs for instance) but my slater poems take only a wee small while to read. All three of them!

After that debacle I quickly went to the jokes portion of my performance, which also bombed. I need a better audience. They say genius is rarely recognised by those closest to the source.


No comments:

Post a Comment