Sunday 28 June 2015

Day 296.

Madame Fee Fee And The One True Hen (and detail). Oil on board by Paul Forrest

Bush eggs: none. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: an eighth full.

No, not a good day. I have been shown the second portrait (which I had almost forgotten about) and I really don’t know what to say. I thought with a name like “The One True Hen” it would be an intense painterly examination of... well, ME, in all my glory. But NO. That was a partial title, the full one being “Madam Fee Fee and The One True Hen”. I barely feature!

There I am clamped under “Madam Fee Fee’s” (The Female Person’s) arm, tail droopy, legs akimbo and I’m staring into space in quite frankly a disturbingly mindless way.

The others are having a good laugh at my expense of course, especially Steve, but none of them have been in ANY portraits, let alone one and a half.


No comments:

Post a Comment