Wednesday 17 June 2015

Day 285.

Jack: it's poem time! Photography by F L Campbell

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full.

Actually Jack was so bored yesterday that HE came up with a poem and I MUST say I quite like it...

Give forth your voice by Jack
Oh, majestic masculine wings of mahogany and gold,
Spread in the early morning sun,
Give forth your voice, low, loud and bold,
And then strut straight out of the run.


It’s a bit self-absorbed, I know, but he has to start somewhere.

I retorted with this poem on the same subject:

A poem about crowing by Ruby
Cock-a-doodle-do.
I love to hear crowing

Cock-a-doodle-doo.
Just like cows lowing

Cock-a-doodle-doo!
A sign of nature growing

Cock-a-doodle-DOO!
Animal lust they are sowing

Cock-a-doodle-DOOOO!!!
The warm call of cocks crowing

COCK-A-DOODLE-DOOOO!!!!
Oh for fuck's sake stop crowing!

!!!
It’s 6am in the morning!

Cock-a-do?
And I should be SNORING!

Harumph.
Zzzz.


It’s so good. I crack me up!



No comments:

Post a Comment