Monday 29 June 2015

Day 297.

Bush eggs: none. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: one-sixteenth full.

I’m still fuming about that portrait. I mean, what was The Female Person thinking? She’s even wearing a dress in the portrait and I have NEVER seen her in a dress. Then there is the hand signal she is giving me. It’s kind of creepy – it almost looks like she’s trying to hypnotise me “You are getting sleepy... all your eyelids are starting to droop... except your third one which is lazily closing across your eyeball…” The only thing that’s starting to droop in that picture is my self-esteem.

Ella tried to take my mind off the portrait so we have had a long and fascinating but ultimately pretty vapid conversation about chicken comb styles. There were so MANY different chickens where she came from that she’s practically seen them all. I’ve only ever seen normal single combs but she has seen huge singles, singles that flop over to one side, rose combs, splits, no combs, unicorns, bull’s horns, berets, peas, walnuts, buttercups and strawberries. She’s even seen one with a hole right through it, some sort of birth defect that was actually quite fetching, and the rooster that owned it could make it whistle in the wind by holding it a certain way – now that’s talent!


No comments:

Post a Comment