Friday 3 July 2015

Day 301.

Frauke: "Now where's my head?" Acrylic on canvas by F L Campbell

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full.

Feathers, I was down yesterday. I had bad dreams last night too and really had to fight the demons to get out of my feathery funk this morning.

I learned a good trick from that weird German chicken, Frauke. She said if she ever got into a real funk and was having trouble shaking it she would race around and around like a mad chicken (not particularly hard for her to achieve), then when she was really exhausted she would find the tallest hill around and run/fly down it as fast as she could. This would get her heart pumping so vigorously that it was hard for her to be depressed afterwards.

As an added bonus for me, when I came madly flap/flying down the hill I saw that Grey Gun was back and grazing calmly and gorgeously at the bottom of it. I feel much better now.



No comments:

Post a Comment