Monday 13 July 2015

Day 311.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: quarter full.

I like Ella, I truly do, but ever since she arrived she has been after my place in the pecking order, the number TWO spot! What is she thinking? She’s not even laying yet. And besides, in the natural order when I am TRULY and POSITIVELY not laying any more and have to surrender my position it will be to Brian not Ella – not without a fight from Brian AND Steve anyway. So why is she picking on me? I feel truly hen-pecked.

I will work through my frustration in the best way I know:

A poem about Ella by Ruby
Ella. Ella. Ella.
Don’t poke me with your umbrella
You can’t be number two
So why don’t you just shoo
In the natural order of things
It is I that clips your wings
You don’t tell me where it’s at
You’re being a little brat
Get off your high horse
Or I’m going to have to use force
Now stop being a bitch
Cos from you it’s a bit rich


There! That helped!




No comments:

Post a Comment