Thursday 30 July 2015

Day 328.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full. Prudish pullets: Camilla.

Uh-oh, now I’m in trouble. I told Camilla the facts of life (including the fact that she couldn’t have Jack’s chicks, being his daughter and also about being ‘ticked off Jack’s list’ in the mornings and recited my fabulous Cloaca poem) and she went absolutely wattles! She said that she had never heard anything so disgusting in all her life and that there was no way Jack was ever doing his rooster duties near her (near her?!) Then she went off in a huff to tell Steve. Now come on. We live in a flock and there’s a rooster in the flock. Does Camilla close her eyes every morning after breakfast when Steve and Brian and I are ‘ticked off the list’? For that matter, does Steve have her eyes closed too? (I’ll have to have a peek next time).

No comments:

Post a Comment