Saturday 20 December 2014

Day 106.

Dog: looks gormless, IS gormless. Photography by F L Campbell

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: three-quarters full.

Like the horsey, nice horsey, good horsey. There is a small rodent-like dog that turns up occasionally with its people (relatives of our people). Today it turned up and chased us like mad. Chased me halfway down the drive and through the bushes and was closing in, with its small jaws snapping, when I ran between four great, grey tree trunks, then one of the tree trunks stomped and sent Rodent Dog whimpering back to its people. I looked up and there was big Horsey winking kindly at me. I stayed for a bit of a chat and it turns out that he’s not crazy about dogs either, but is happy to share his horsey pellets with chicken friends any time. His name is Grey Gun and I have promised to visit again soon. Hmmm - perhaps I was too hasty with the ‘dumb and stubborn label.

No comments:

Post a Comment