Wednesday 29 October 2014

Day 54.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full. Disrespectful members of the flock: the whole bloody lot of them!

I sure love being a mother and a grandmother, which is just as well as sometimes you are treated with such utter disrespect that it can really stretch that love.

The Old Ones called us to the treat bowl and we all came running but we were way down the hill and I was a bit slow getting back up (just out of breath, not old). Well, pluck my feathers if I didn’t arrive at the treat bowl (last) to find it completely EMPTY. The ungrateful, disrespectful, good-for-nothing bastards had eaten everything! No one would look me in the eye as they obviously realised how rude they’d all been. It made me sad and put me in a real funk until The Old One tracked me down later and hand-fed me a special treat – he had obviously appreciated how rude they’d all been and treated me with the respect I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment