Thursday 2 October 2014

Day 27.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: one – caused by pique. Feed hopper: full. Stupid conversations with roosters in the last day or so: two.

Jack and I had a long talk about having a family last night but I just couldn’t convince him. He said I was too old, there were too many chicks already (he was counting Brian’s as well) and we were too closely related (mother and son, hmmmm not ideal). Too! Too! Too! It was all TOO much! I know he’s right but it doesn’t make it any less upsetting. I cried all night and my beak was horribly puffy in the morning. (Did you know that people cry tears from they eyes mostly and not just their nostrils? Weird, eh?)

Later I asked Jack if the fact that we couldn’t have a family would mean he would stop ‘ticking me off his list’ in the mornings but he said that recreational sex was still necessary for cordial relations between a non-breeding hen and rooster. Sounds like a rooster ruse to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment