Saturday 25 October 2014

Day 50.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full. Snappy sayings for the day: one, Knowledge = Power.

I hate cats (especially after what happened to Steve’s chick and myself recently). I mean, their people feed them, but still they feel the irresistible need to pounce on and eat anything that moves. It’s disgusting.

I actually have a friend who’s a cat. Well, not a friend really, more of an informer. A sleek little cat, lovely dark-brown fur, she’s cheeky and likes to alarm us but has never actually harmed us (I’m just dripping with poetry at the moment). I chat to her sometimes. Jack thinks I’m mad but Steve and Brian think I’m quite the brave hen. But mainly I’m friendly with her because it gives me insider knowledge of a cat’s one-track (killing) mind. Not that the acquired knowledge did any good the other day but it may save someone’s life in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment