Wednesday 8 October 2014

Day 33.

Bush eggs: none. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: half full. Number of peek-a-boo games played with the chicks: too many to count.

Bit of a boring day today really. We got up, we ate pellets, we scratched all day, we ate more pellets, and we went to bed. Some days are a bit like that. Thank goodness for the chicks – they alleviated some of the boredom for us all.

However, in my busy schedule of nothing to do I did find time to write another terrific poem:

Boring Day by Ruby
It’s a boring day
If I had my way
We’d all be happy and gay
We’d keep the grumbles at bay
With a roll in the hay
And fresh eggs to lay
If I had a say
Come what may
We’d sit in a sunray
And be as happy as a jay.

Fantastic rhyming. It’s hard to sustain great rhymes AND get the rhythm right too. Takes real talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment