Tuesday 31 March 2015

Day 207.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full. Warm thoughts: plenty.

It wasn’t nearly as windy today as it was yesterday but I still managed to get something in my eye. It was really sore and very irritating. It made me shake my head and walk oddly lopsided. The next thing I know (I was a bit preoccupied, obviously) I was being picked up by The Female Person, tucked under her arm so I couldn’t flap and taken inside. She wrapped me in a towel and I thought, “Right, this is it, off goes my head” (I have heard of this happening), but all she did was gently (so very gently) rub a warm, wet cloth over my eye and get whatever it was out. Then she gave me some cheese and sent me on my way. It scares the feathers off me to be picked up, but I have to admit it usually has a good outcome and this time I felt especially well cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment