Wednesday 26 November 2014

Day 82.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: one – but not a pretty one! Feed hopper: full. Number of plants accidentally scratched from pots: six.

I tried to be careful with the pot plants, but it was so fun turning the soil that I got a bit carried away. Some of the plants seemed to fall out with very little provocation too. And well, once they were out it seemed right to eat some of the tastier bits. If I’m honest it all looks a bit messy up by the house. Oh well…

And I didn’t even finish what I set out to do - I was going to continue the good work I was doing with the pot plants when I felt an egg coming on (not a huge surprise) so off I wandered; got down to work and laid the biggest, roughest, grittiest monster egg ever! Consequently I am now very sore and cannot make it back to the pots to turn the rest of the soil. I hope the people don’t mind. Oh and the egg was an ugly sucker too. I’m a wee bit ashamed to tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment