Sunday 2 November 2014

Day 58.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: three-quarters full.

I must say I did like laying in the broody box, just not the sitting part. It’s a nice wee box and very secure against bad chicken-eating animals. I don’t like to stay in there too long after the chicks are hatched as it gets a bit limiting in both space and interest, but it is a comfort to be so safe when the chicks are first born.

So even allowing for the fact that people and not chickens conceived the broody box concept, I think it is what we would make if we had those wacky opposable thumb things. Speaking of which – if I had something so cunning as an opposable thumb, I would like to think that I would treat it with a bit of respect rather than hitting it with a hammer at every opportunity like the female person did when she was making alterations to our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment