Thursday 6 November 2014

Day 62.

Bush eggs: none. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: half full.

THAT was embarrassing! Because of last night’s Sky Hawks fiasco and not sleeping a wink, I couldn’t stay awake today. So there I was, innocently having (another) nap in the sun by the people house when the female person grabs me and jams me in the dreaded cage. Well, that woke me up good and proper! It seems that the female person was worried about me, what with all that daytime sleeping, and took me off to the vet for a check-up. I hate going to the vet but she was very caring and gentle and pronounced me “old, but healthy”. I thought the “old” bit was a tad on the beak! I’m really just hitting my stride. I’m in my prime! Laying fewer eggs has been a conscious choice and not due to any impending age-related issues such as henopause. But anyway, I’m home safe now and the female person looks reassured about my health and well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment