Thursday 20 November 2014

Day 76.

Bush eggs: half! Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: empty. Sore muscles from laughing: four different sets.

I’ve never laughed so much in my life! We were all just scratching around under the pines this morning when Brian went off to lay an egg as usual. Not much later she came flapping back all in a dither. “It just fell out!” she shrieked. “I didn’t even push much.” We all took off to her hidey-spot and there in the nest was the smallest chicken egg I have ever seen. It was pathetic! I had heard tell of these ‘wind eggs’ but thought they were make-believe. But honestly, it was about the size of a sparrow’s egg!

We were all standing around, just staring at it, when one of the Boys tried in vain to suppress a giggle and instead snorted. Well, that set us all to hysterical laughing really. We couldn’t stop! Brian went off in a huff but it was worth it for the excellent time we had at her expense. Oh my... it was SO small.

No comments:

Post a Comment