Monday 24 November 2014

Day 80.

The ducks posing? Photography by F L Campbell

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full.

We were bored today so we went down to the pond for an explore. I don’t really like going down there, as it is the domain of the ducks (stupid things). But anyway there we were when the ducks came up and asked what we were doing. “Scratching,” I said. “For what?” they said. “Bugs,” I said. “Cool,” they said and waddled away. See what I mean? Ducks: stupid!

Interestingly The Female Person was around the pond with her camera and if I didn’t know better I could have sworn that at one stage the ducks struck a pose for her.

A Poem about Ducks by Ruby
Ducks are intensely stupid; it’s amazing that they float
I put it down to the glossiness of their thick, white coat
But if you wanted a duck in power I simply wouldn’t vote
Because around their brain (the size of a sand grain),
They’ve built an impenetrable moat.

It’s tricky changing tempo halfway through a poem, but it often gives it that element of surprise and interest that sets it apart. We did a course on it at Unipeck and I attended most of those classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment