Monday 25 May 2015

Day 262.

Bush eggs: none. Nest box eggs: two – Steve and Brian are kind of getting used to it now. Feed hopper: full.

Okay, we are still locked in so I’ve had some time to think:
This is the noise chickens make when they have just laid an egg: “Bergurk! Book! Book! Book! Book!” And this is the noise chickens make when a cat is stalking them: “Bergurk! Book! Book! Book! Book!”

So here are my questions:
Why the feathers are they the same?
Why would we alert the world that we have just laid a vulnerable egg anyway?

I have tried walking away quietly after laying an egg but I can’t help myself. I feel it building up inside me until out it pops: “Bergurk! Book! Book! Book! Book!” “My! My! I’m being stalked by an egg!”

At least it’s better than the ducks though. I have counted fifty-six different sounds a chicken makes but how many sounds do ducks make? ONE: Quack.


No comments:

Post a Comment