Sunday 21 September 2014

Day 16.

Bush eggs: none. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full. Bundles of ROWDY restless rooster energy: four.

Checked on Steve, but then hung around and hung around until she couldn’t hold on any longer. “Mind the nest while I go for a crap?” Says she (such language!). “Sure,” says I, and off she burst. This was my cunning plan to get an egg count, of course. And down to five she was! I’m a bit concerned as there is still a whole week of sitting to go. She came back and saw the look of disapproval of my face but I quickly reassured her that five was a great number – I said, “Look at Brian, she’s perfectly happy with five,” and then I left her to it.

The Boys were cute today, practising their crowing. It was a terrible din but a real laugh – even Jack was amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment