Tuesday 6 January 2015

Day 123.

Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: full. People around: zero.

Stepped in a nest of slaters today – disgusting. There’s just something about slaters that really makes my feathers curl. I ate a slater by mistake once and nearly died trying to hoik it up again. Tasted like turds.

A Poem for a Slater by Ruby
Slater, you’re disgusting
You give me the creeps
I hope I do the same for you
When you are asleep.

Oh, I’m brilliant!

The people are away again. I must say they do gad around a fair bit. Where do they go? What do they do? Why would they want to leave Pecka Pecka? Pecka Pecka has everything one could need: green grass, sweet sunshine, a variety of bugs: some good, some slaters – what more could a person want? It’s no concern of mine really, so long as the feed hopper is full, which it is.

I do miss them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment