Saturday 3 January 2015

Day 120.

Luke. Photography by F L Campbell
Bush eggs: one. Nest box eggs: none. Feed hopper: three-quarters full.

Yes, my performance outside the people house yesterday worked – we were all ‘gooed’ last night. Good-bye scaly mites, hello healthy, smooth legs.

That Luke’s a troublemaker. Minding my own business I was, up to my neck in a lovely dust bath, when this great, flapping, screaming thing flies past my head. Well, I got such a fright that I did a somersault out of the dust bath and down the bank, spraying dust out of me like a horizontal tornado. It was only when I came to a stop at the bottom of the bank that I heard the laughter and looked back up the bank to see Luke exploding with mirth. It’s not the first time he’s given me a terrible fright and thought it was hilarious either. I was glad to see Jack give him a really vicious tweak on his comb for his troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment